A mix of wisdom from various sources to help inspire you! Whether you are a belly dancer or just need help with your self esteem – here area few of my favourite sayings and quotations. Due to the variety of sources (word of mouth, social networking updates, websites, etc) I am not sure if every quote is attributed to the correct author – but the meaning remains true never the less.
I Dare you to Believe in Yourself.
-Cass Smith (facebook post)
“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.” – Angela Monet
A black belt is a white belt that keeps going to class – a jiu jitsu saying
The Philosopher’s soul dwells within his head,
the Poet’s soul dwells within his heart,
the Dancer’s soul abides within her whole body”
~ Kahlil Gibran
“The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children, all our lives.” ~Albert Einstein
Imagine this: there was a time in history, a long time ago, when the bounce and sway of a woman’s hips was considered so beautiful that they set it to music and made a dance out of it… – fcbd
Good to read before a performance!
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. The best is yet to come…
– Regina Brett, 90 years old, Cleveland , Ohio
The people that matter don’t mind and the people that mind don’t matter.
– Travers Ross (facebook post but I’ve heard it elsewhere too).
We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. ~Japanese Proverb
I hope you are feeling inspired! I have been collecting quotes for years so there are likely to be future posts on this theme. Enjoy and feel free to share with me any great ones you find.